[erlang-questions] Erlang development workflow

Jon Watte jwatte@REDACTED
Sun Mar 4 08:33:36 CET 2012

Does the target machine support ssh/rsync? If so, you could have your make
file just deploy to the machine after a successful compile.

We actually rely 100% on automated unit and functional tests. We
mercilessly mock any external dependencies (such as production databases)
in development. Our deployment pushes to production machines that are
similar-ish to the development machines, but a cluster of many more nodes.
The code actually hits end users (a hundred thousand at a time!)
automatically at some point after I check in and tests pass.

Sincerely,

jw

Sincerely,

Jon Watte

--
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to
the republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and
~ Adopted by U.S. Congress, June 22, 1942

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Frank Hunleth <fhunleth@REDACTED