[erlang-questions] gen_sctp throughput mystery

Anthony Shipman als@REDACTED
Sun Mar 4 03:19:00 CET 2012

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 12:43:49 pm Anthony Shipman wrote:
> > The now() value shows the packets being written to the socket at 11ms
> >  intervals on the client but they are received at strict 200ms intervals
> > on the server. The server is just doing a simple receive loop.
> >
> > Is there something in SCTP that limits the rate on an SCTP stream?
>
> I forgot to mention that the behaviour is the same for sctp_nodelay=true.

Replying to my own question. It's the net.sctp.sack_timeout = 200 kernel
parameter. But I don't understand why it should limit the server to 5 packets
per second over a localhost link.

--
Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
als@REDACTED                   grow up to be outsourced.