[erlang-questions] gen_sctp throughput mystery

Anthony Shipman als@REDACTED
Sun Mar 4 02:43:49 CET 2012

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 12:37:03 pm Anthony Shipman wrote:
> I've been experimenting with the SCTP implementation in R15B.
> There seems to be a throughput problem. I run a client and server
> connecting via localhost with these options
>
> -define(MAX_STREAMS, 1).
>
>     Opts = [
>         binary,
>         {active,        once},
>         {sctp_nodelay,  false},
>         {sctp_initmsg, #sctp_initmsg{
>             num_ostreams   = ?MAX_STREAMS,
>             max_instreams  = ?MAX_STREAMS,
>             max_attempts   = 5,
>             max_init_timeo = 1000
>             }}
>         ],
>

> The now() value shows the packets being written to the socket at 11ms
>  intervals on the client but they are received at strict 200ms intervals on
>  the server. The server is just doing a simple receive loop.
>
> Is there something in SCTP that limits the rate on an SCTP stream?

I forgot to mention that the behaviour is the same for sctp_nodelay=true.

--
Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
als@REDACTED                   grow up to be outsourced.