[erlang-questions] Erlang is touch of genius

Wojtek Narczyński wojtek@REDACTED
Fri Jun 22 19:42:59 CEST 2012

On 2012-06-22 17:07, Paul Barry wrote:
> Yes, I'd agree... I'm happy to be drinking the Erlang kool-aid, too.

Yes, it is amazing how all the pieces of the puzzle fit together:
processes, messaging (send semantics, selective receive), locality in
garbage collection, functional programming, strong dynamic typing,
pattern matching, atoms, recursion, hot code update, distribution, ....
And there are more jigsaw pieces coming: native implemented processes,
hasmaps (which are conceptually funcions, by the way). While java is
collapsing under its own weight, there is no horizon of erlang
improvement even remotely visible.

Then comes the OTP, where you realize that many problems you are not yet
even aware of, have already been solved.

--Regards,
Wojtek Narczynski