[erlang-questions] simple_one_by_one trouble and rare start_link/2 gen_fsm

Angel J. Alvarez Miguel <>
Thu Jun 21 09:30:15 CEST 2012

That's right...

But start_link it is expected to be or arity 3 and Opts is a property list.

but then on test:main/0 when i do supervisor:start_child(SupPid,Opts2)

being Opts2 another property list, then suppervisor should call:

apply(sim_group_fsm,start_link,Opts ++ Opts2) on its line 319 which in turn calls gen_fsm:start_link, thus providing a Pid in the end...

but what it really does is apply(sim_group_fsm,start_link,Opts ++ Opts2,[ ]) and then crashes unless i declare a start_link/2 on my gen_fsm...

i dont see why i finish having a apply/4 call in supervisor: 319 instead of an apply/3...

I want the sup to propagate one property list to children specs while i will provide another during children spawns
providing that sup combines two in any way children will manage to demunge ...both property lists

So cant just see what im doing wrong....

PS: i changed a bit the test code to force sup crash