[erlang-questions] corba character code set not supported with TAO ORB

Niclas Eklund nick@REDACTED
Thu Jun 7 12:19:39 CEST 2012

Hi!

This exception is thrown when the char/string used by the server isn't
known/supported by Orber (the same might happen for wchar/wstring) or
the server cannot convert those supported by Orber. Orber support
ISO8859-1 (Id == 16#00010001) and ISO646-IRV (Id == 16#00010020) and TAO
sure must support at least ISO8859-1, otherwise it would not be able to
communicate with some of the frequently used ORBs (Orbix, VisiBroker
etc). If my memory serves me right Orber and TAO has been used together
before, so you should check the TAO configuration.
You can also use this function corba:print_object/2 to get more "human
readable" information out of the TAO IOR.

Best regards,

Nick