[erlang-questions] Fundamentals of Erlang - Newbie Introductions

Matti Oinas matti.oinas@REDACTED
Sun Jun 3 13:04:23 CEST 2012

On 06/03/2012 10:02 AM, Anoop Thomas Mathew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where can a newbie like me find information of such basic questions.
> Not a tutorial or like(http://learnyousomeerlang.com/), but about the
> underlying concepts of Erlang.
>
> Thanks.
> Anoop Thomas Mathew
>
> atm

Hi,

Google is your friend here. I started learning Erlang by reading Joe's
book and after that I read the Erlang and OTP in action. Every time I
faced a new term I wasn't really familiar with I googled it. Many times
the route leads you to wikipedia and there is usually links pointing you
to the source of the information.

Sometimes in google the keywords don't provide results good enough and
you don't know enough from the subject so you could add more relevant
keywords. In this situation I usually use the google ability to filter
search results by filetype. Just add filetype:pdf to your search and you
get back only results in PDF and these are most of the time some thesis
and scientific articles about the subject. Adding thesis or article
keyword to your search also helps most of the times.

That way I was able to find almost all the information I ever wanted to
know about some subject.

Matti Oinas