[erlang-questions] Erlang plugin for IntelliJ IDEA

Francesco Mazzoli f@REDACTED
Thu Jul 26 17:14:19 CEST 2012

At Thu, 26 Jul 2012 08:04:43 -0700,
Roberto Ostinelli wrote:
> 1. no 'key press' test support *existed* in *any* editor, out of the box

The key press part is trivial - once you have the functionality in place.  But
that's not the point.

> 2. i chose one and added it.
>
> you are telling me that "you can do that in any decent extensible
> editor, given enough effort".
>
> what is your point exactly?

You asked the author of the IntelliJ plugin why he would do that and not
contribute to existing projects.

The same can be asked to you, since you decided to extend SublimeText while a
lot of groundwork was already there for emacs (which is a far more widespread
editor, and more importantly a free one).

--
Francesco * Often in error, never in doubt