[erlang-questions] Selective receive optimization for NIFs

Sverker Eriksson sverker.eriksson@REDACTED
Mon Jul 9 11:30:47 CEST 2012

Hi Paul

The OTP-8623 selective receive optimization was achieved partly with static code analysis done by the Erlang compiler.

In your case the NIF is creating the ref. To do the same optimization for that, would need some sort of dynamic analysis done in runtime.

/Sverker, Erlang/OTP