[erlang-questions] Code/Hot/Loading

Björn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Mon Jan 23 10:39:04 CET 2012

On 1/23/12, Sam Bobroff <sam@REDACTED> wrote:
> Sorry I'm a little late with my reply, but the situation is not as simple
> as that (at least as of R14B02, I have not re-tested R15): funs can migrate
> between versions of a module in some situations.
>
> Here's the thread where I asked a similar question:
>
> http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2011-May/058301.html
>
> Another older thread is referenced in that one and it's also interesting.

This problem has been fixed in R15B. Here is the release note
from the README:

OTP-9667  The calculation of the 'uniq' value for a fun (see
erlang:fun_info/1) was too weak and has been strengthened. It
used to be based on the only the code for the fun body, but
it is now based on the MD5 of the BEAM code for the module.

/Björn