[erlang-questions] Does Erlang pure functional programming language?

Abdul Fattah Mahran abdoo.mahran@REDACTED
Fri Jan 20 08:29:53 CET 2012

Hi Ahmed,
I use Erlang from a long time :). I won't replace it. I was asking for a
concept. and for sure If Erlang was pure language, Erlang designers will
state this somewhere clearly :). and Of course it pure pleasure :)

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Ahmed Al-Saadi <thaterlangguy@REDACTED>wrote:

>  Abdul Fattah:
>
> If you want a pure functional language, look at Haskell. A good indication
> that a programming language is purely functional is its use of monads.
>
> Erlang may not be purely functional, but it is certainly pure pleasure ;)
>
> --
> Ahmed Al-Saadi
> Sent with Sparrow <http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig>
>
> On Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Abdul Fattah Mahran wrote:
>
> Hi All,
> I want to know if Erlang pure functional programming language or not? I
> can't find a clear document that states this. If someone can tell where I
> can find this information in Erlang documentation it will help a lot.
>
> Thanks
> Best Regards,
> Abd El-Fattah Mahran

Thanks