[erlang-questions] Misultin EOL

OvermindDL1 overminddl1@REDACTED
Thu Feb 23 04:29:25 CET 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Jesper Louis Andersen
<jesper.louis.andersen@REDACTED> wrote:
> On 2/19/12 1:12 AM, Ngoc Dao wrote:
>>
>> In my opinion Yaws is the best Erlang web server and many new comers
>> came because they saw this:
>> http://www.sics.se/~joe/apachevsyaws.html
>>
>> One thing Yaws needs to improve is embedding.
>>
> Speaking from experience: Embedding yaws or cowboy is dead easy.

This thread is a few days old now, but I wanted to remark.  I
integrated yaws into one of my releases a few years ago and I do have
to admit that it was difficult, but not in a hard to compile or link
or whatever kind of way, but in that all the documentation I found on
embedding was out of date and did not work.  Eventually I found the
magic incantation to get yaws to embed and it was indeed rather dead
easy.  Nowadays I still use yaws as an embedded web server, but I am
starting another project that will be using a few binary and one
textual data format on the wire, and I think that I will look at
cowboy for it to see how well it will fit, and yes I will still likely
have yaws embedded in it (as I already have a few 'management'
interfaces for my systems made in it).  They each seem to be different
in what they supply and I welcome both.

And for note, I quite love yaws, but one thing that it really needs to
improve on is its documentation.  ;)