[erlang-questions] Misultin EOL

Andrew Berman rexxe98@REDACTED
Fri Feb 17 23:42:14 CET 2012

Tim,

I think a comparison between the Java app servers is not really accurate.
 The reason I say that is that most have commercial support.  Tomcat might
be the only one without commercial support, but it's the reference
implementation and has plenty of books about it.  As far as I know with all
the other popular ones there is some company who's willing to support it.
 I think that's a big difference here between comparing Java app servers
and Erlang servers.  Misultin is completely open-source with one man
supporting it and no commercial support.  I'd much rather see fewer servers
with better support and possibly commercial support than many with little
support.

I do agree completely that Erlang needs a consistent servlet-like API.  It
would certainly help a lot.

I'd be keen on simple bridge if the Erlang guys would just come out and say
if they support parameterized modules or not.  If they don't, just get rid
of it.  What's the point of having something in a language if it's not
going to be supported (but that's a different topic)?

--Andrew