[erlang-questions] Misultin EOL

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Fri Feb 17 03:09:45 CET 2012

Hi Roberto,

I'm a bit confused by this whole thread...

I'm agreeing with Jesse that since Misultin is open source, it's not
really in your control to "stop development" if the interest is there
elsewhere to push it on?

I'm also agreeing with Steve that I've not seen any demonstration that
yaws is somehow "lacking",

For me, the last interesting benchmark that demonstrated anything
graspably real was "yaws vs apache".

A really interesting benchmark for today's "web server" would be, if
someone were willing to engage in a non-trivial effort, to make a
comparison of a full-fledged web application with full session
management and routing capabilities. Note that this would truly test
the appropriateness of the server's http APIs as well as the base
response. That kind of benchmark, for me, would seem more appropriate
and useful according to the epoch.

Best regards,
/s