[erlang-questions] Adding StartTLS support to eldap (for use Ejabberd)

Gavin Henry ghenry@REDACTED
Sun Aug 12 19:16:28 CEST 2012

On 12 August 2012 13:08, Rory Byrne <rory@REDACTED> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 07:40:00PM -0600, OvermindDL1 wrote:
>> >
>> > Adding some of these features to OTP eldap wouldn't be too difficult,
>> > but I'd guess that only a subset of these changes would get accepted.
>> > And at the end of the day, I can't see ejabberd giving up their current
>> > flexibility where they can make any changes to their LDAP code as and
>> > when they need to.
>> >
>> > <snip/>
>>
>> I, personally, would certainly not mind StartTLS support and
>> asynchronous and concurrent connections being added to the OTP
>> version...  *hint*.
>>

> Actually, adding this stuff is probably more involved than I suggested.
>
> If I needed this kind of functionality at the moment I'd grab the ejabberd
> version, dust it off a little, add the STARTTLS functionality, and use
> that. It's got to be amazingly well tested at this stage! I think it has
> some code in there to use the ejabberd logging system and probably a couple
> of other ejabberd-specific things you'll want to strip out or modify, but
> other than that it's probably good to go. The only potential downside for
> some is that it's released under the GPLv2, but I doubt this is a problem
> in most cases.

I'm not fussed about GPL 2!

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry@REDACTED

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 24 Cormack Park, Rothienorman, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 8GL.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html

Do you know we have our own VoIP provider called SureVoIP? See
http://www.surevoip.co.uk

Did you see our API? http://www.surevoip.co.uk/api