[erlang-questions] Pros and Cons OTP Release

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Sat Apr 28 14:21:17 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am not satisfied with packages that comes with distributions.  I am always building OTP from source according to desired configuration.  The releases is only sensible way for me to distribute the software from development to staging & production. I do not use release to perform a on-line code update. Instead, release is a tarball for me that contains erts binaries, dependent libraries and my application.

- Dmitry