[erlang-questions] dynamic compilation of funs

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Thu Apr 26 00:35:05 CEST 2012

On 25 Apr 2012, at 23:40, Jon Watte wrote:

> Module look-up is a hash table look-up, so assuming correct re-hashing implementation, it's amortized O(1).
>
> If you're really, really worried, then it would be super simple to just write the two versions, and benchmark them in isolation, and see if there's a real difference. My money is on a module-per-function being just fine.

…but, as I mentioned before, there is currently an issue with module loading being potentially disruptive in the SMP VM.

See e.g.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.erlang.general/56974

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com