[erlang-questions] Crash in beam.smp, using x64 version of R15B01

Jon Watte jwatte@REDACTED
Mon Apr 23 23:27:16 CEST 2012

Our test suite runner seems to produce a segfault in the Erlang VM
(beam.smp.)

I'm trying to port a system currently running R13B03 on Ubuntu Server x64
LTS 10.04 to R15B01. It's time I had line numbers in my back traces!
I downloaded the release and built from source. I uninstalled the R13B03
that came with Ubuntu, and did a "make install" on the built release.
The stack trace is just two frames of the value "0x0000000000000060" so it
looks like a stack smasher bug.

I can provide a bundled directory of beam files and a test runner script
that reproduces the problem to anyone interested in figuring this out!

Sincerely,

Jon Watte

--
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to
the republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and
~ Adopted by U.S. Congress, June 22, 1942