[erlang-questions] Is there an accepted way of including GPL code in a project?

Alan Evans alanrevans@REDACTED
Fri Apr 13 15:57:11 CEST 2012

Thanks Ulf for steering the conversation back.

I think it's generally understood that the licensing of the Erlang/OTP
is unaffected by licenses placed on any Erlang modules that 'Joe
Public' may write and distribute.

My question refers to the code that I have written. Is there a
generally recognized mechanism to incorporate GPL'd code into my
project without  then having to release my code as GPL.

My understanding is as long as I don't link my code directly with the
GPL'd code then I can distribute the work under separate licenses. The
GPL part will stay GPL, any fixes and features that I add to the GPL'd
code will also be GPL'd but I'm free to license my other code as I
wish,

I would think keeping the code on separate Erlang nodes (which could
be 2 separate machines) should be enough to show that the work is
separate, but has there been a precedent set already?

Thanks
AlanE