[erlang-questions] Data structure for domain model

Erik Søe Sørensen eriksoe@REDACTED
Thu Apr 12 11:22:40 CEST 2012

Hi there -
For what it's worth, I've attempted to write up something about data
representation in Erlang - aimed at people who know programming (e.g. in an
OOP language), but are uncertain about how to do it in Erlang.

Simple data structures are treated in this text:
  https://github.com/eriksoe/AGttES/blob/master/DataStructures.asciidoc

And this is an "Erlang modelling for OOP programmers" intro:
  https://github.com/eriksoe/AGttES/blob/master/OOP.asciidoc
(This one has been less well rendered by Github, alas; you can run it
through asciidoc or ask me for a better HTML version.)

There are many ways to represent an object in Erlang, depending on its
nature.
I've tried to sum up the possibilities here, in the form of a table showing
when you can use which options:
  https://github.com/eriksoe/AGttES/blob/master/OOP-overview.asciidoc

I'm afraid it's still work-in-progress - I'd be very interested in hearing
about both anything that appears to be wrong or incomplete, and any
questions it leaves unanswered.

Hoping this might help.
/Erik