[erlang-questions] Erlang accepting SSL connection is really slow (comparing to C++)

Ingela Andin ingela@REDACTED
Tue Apr 10 21:11:22 CEST 2012

Hi!

2012/4/10 Morgan Segalis <msegalis@REDACTED>:
> Hi Ingela !
>
> Le 10 avr. 2012 à 20:04, Ingela Andin a écrit :
>
>> Hi!
>>
>>> After looking around on other SSL server created in erlang, it seems that
>>> they use some kind of driver for SSL/TLS connection, my examples are
>>> RabbitMQ and EjabberD.
>>> Nowhere there is ssl:ssl_accept in their Erlang code, I haven't investigate
>>> a lot, but it seems they have created their own driver in order to upgrade
>>> the TCP Socket to a SSL/TLS one.
>>> Is that because there is an issue with Erlang's module SSL ? Does anyone
>>> know why they are using custom driver for SSL/TLS ?
>>
>> I am pretty sure this is because the old ssl-implementation did not
>> support SSL/TLS upgrade.
>>
>> Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team Ericsson AB
>

> Thank you for answering, I guess you are right, I have not thought about old implementation.
> However it seems that using C for SSL is faster, don't you think, or maybe the issue is coming from something else.

I want to know that we are not comparing apples to pears before I
answer that question, so that is why I avoided that part of the
question for now!

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team - Ericsson AB