[erlang-questions] Status of HARDDEBUG code (doesn't compile, seems to be outdated)

Winston Smith smith.winston.101@REDACTED
Tue Apr 10 14:15:13 CEST 2012

2012/4/10 Björn Gustavsson <bgustavsson@REDACTED>:
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Winston Smith
> <smith.winston.101@REDACTED> wrote:
>> So onto my question:  is HARDDEBUG still supported?  Is it
>> abandonware, or has it just gotten a little out of date?
>
> The way we use HARDDEBUG is to insert
> a "#define HARDDEBUG" into a single source
> code file, when we are debugging a specific
> problem or updating that part of the code.
> Turning on HARDDEBUG for the entire emulator
> will make it very slow.

I'm trying to use HARDDEBUG to track down a TYPE ASSERTION FAILED in
mnesia:stop(), so I don't actually know where the problem is
originating.  I was kind of hoping that HARDDEBUG would help find the
issue earlier on -- all I need to do to reproduce it is
mnesia:start(), mnesia:stop() so it doesn't matter if the emulator is
slow.

> That probably means that some HARDDEBUG
> code is very stale. I don't think it's worth spending
> a lot of time fixing it.

I have some patches to at least get it compile, I'll submit those to
erlang-patches.

Thanks!

W.