[erlang-questions] Status of HARDDEBUG code (doesn't compile, seems to be outdated)

Björn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Tue Apr 10 07:18:55 CEST 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Winston Smith
<smith.winston.101@REDACTED> wrote:
> So onto my question:  is HARDDEBUG still supported?  Is it
> abandonware, or has it just gotten a little out of date?

The way we use HARDDEBUG is to insert
a "#define HARDDEBUG" into a single source
code file, when we are debugging a specific
problem or updating that part of the code.
Turning on HARDDEBUG for the entire emulator
will make it very slow.

That probably means that some HARDDEBUG
code is very stale. I don't think it's worth spending
a lot of time fixing it.