[erlang-questions] Erlang on ARM9?

Daniel Goertzen daniel.goertzen@REDACTED
Mon Sep 19 15:12:02 CEST 2011

I think that is cortex only, not ARM9 (correct me if I'm wrong).

I've built a working Erlang for a cortex-a8 before using vanilla sources; no
special port was required.  I only tested it very briefly, but it seemed to
work well.  I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't also work on an
ARM9.  I built it from a Gentoo stage3 chroot on the target platform.
 Browsing the gentoo mirrors, I see that stage3 tarballs are available for
armv4, v5 (ARM926), v6, and v7(cortex).

I have also run Erlang on a 100MHz x86.  It was quite slow to start, but
once up and running it was fine.  I suspect the slowness was due more to
filesystem and io problems than Erlang itself.  Just wanted to give this
datapoint because I know ARM9 devices operate in the low 100's of MHz.

Cheers,
Dan.