[erlang-questions] misultin on erlang R13B04?

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Mon Sep 5 17:57:13 CEST 2011

On 09/05/11 18:16, Roberto Ostinelli wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Robert Virding
> <robert.virding@REDACTED
> <mailto:robert.virding@REDACTED>> wrote:

>         However, since I do plan to add support for previous versions
>         [misultin does support R13xx except for type and specs
>         definitions], can someone point me in a right direction for how
>         to do so?
>

>     Remove all type and spec definitions. :-)
>

> ..seriously? i'm quite fond in using these, as they add to methodology
> and tracking of own code. also, with tools such as PropEr there's an
> additional good reason to add them. id' rather add a >=R14 spec to
> misultin than to remove specs.

Good choice! :)

> however, ideally, since Kostis has pointed out there are ways to have
> them working on different Erlang versions, I'd like to hear how to do this.

I suggested looking how it's done at the 'configure' of Scalaris.

Its code is here: http://scalaris.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/configure

Search for e.g. gb_tree() or DIALYZER to see how to write (portions of)
a configure script that allows to generate appropriate defines for
various types that have become built-ins or changed status between
different OTP versions.

Kostis