[erlang-questions] Sending 2.5 MB message with com.ericsson.otp.erlang

CGS cgsmcmlxxv@REDACTED
Thu Oct 27 17:00:11 CEST 2011

Just to give an example, consider a large file encoded in base 64. Each
data packet should contain:
1. header (fixed size): ID + total number of packets + position + packet
length;
3. data: packet length x 64 chars.
When arriving, cut the header, align the data in a string based on
packet position and decode the string. The advantage is that you know
what characters you can expect from the packet and you can quantify the
file in pieces of well known size. Also, you can send/receive the data
through parallel threads because you will know when it's completed.

The drawbacks of such a method are:
1. using more computational resources;
2. adding more data to the transfer.
So, you will need to find the optimum size for your packets.

I hope this method will give you some ideas at least.

Cheers,
CGS