[erlang-questions] Increase the handle limit

Joel Reymont <>
Mon Oct 24 18:14:23 CEST 2011

On Oct 24, 2011, at 1:31 PM, Rickard Green wrote:

> $ man kqueue
>     Not all filesystem types support kqueue-style notifications.  And even some that do, like some remote filesystems, may only support a subset of the notification semantics described here.

As far as I've been told on the darwin-dev list, that refers to vnode-watching which select() doesn't support anyway.

> $ man poll
>     The poll() system call currently does not support devices.

This is, likely, a legacy consideration as kqueue was not complete in earlier versions of Mac OSX.

select and poll are subsets of kqueue functionality-wise.

- for hire: mac osx device driver ninja, kernel extensions and usb drivers
http://wagerlabs.com | @wagerlabs | http://www.linkedin.com/in/joelreymont