[erlang-questions] Increase the handle limit

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Mon Oct 24 14:36:12 CEST 2011

On Oct 24, 2011, at 1:31 PM, Rickard Green wrote:

> We fall back on select() on MacOSX since our configure test for a poll() implementation that can handle devices fails. When poll() on MacOSX can handle devices, it will automatically be used as fallback instead of select().

Fair enough.

Still, it peeves me to no end that regular file descriptors on Mac OSX (sockets and files) are crippled by possible corner cases.

I would enable clipping at runtime and give the user/developer the choice of whether to clip or not.

- for hire: mac osx device driver ninja, kernel extensions and usb drivers