[erlang-questions] cookbook entry #1 - unicode/UTF-8 strings

Ivan Uemlianin ivan@REDACTED
Thu Oct 20 10:12:05 CEST 2011

The Real World Haskell feedback system was part of the basis for
O'Reilly's "Open Feedback Publishing System" [1,2].  It's "open" as in
"open for readers to provide feedback to the authors", not open as in
open-source.  It was developed by Threepress Consulting [3].  Parts of
earlier versions may have been open-source once (as implied in [1]).

Best wishes

Ivan

[1]
http://labs.oreilly.com/2009/05/collaborative-publishing-based-on-community-feedback.html
[2]  http://ofps.oreilly.com
[3]  http://threepress.org

On 20/10/2011 08:30, Joe Armstrong wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Tristan Sloughter
> <tristan.sloughter@REDACTED>  wrote:
>> Do you have a process for getting comments and reviews as the book is
>> written, besides emails like this?
>
> Not yet -
>

>> I really thought the way the Real World Haskell authors did their's was
>> amazing: http://book.realworldhaskell.org/read/
>> You can comment on, and see all comments for each section in a chapter and
>> get an RSS feed of changes for chapters.
>
> I just looked it's really nice - any idea what the underlying representation is?
>
> It seems like each top level entity (paragraph) etc is tagged with a
> "comment point"
> which I guess is just an entry into a database.
>
>> I could have sworn I found a repo that they host the entire site's code for
>> all that but I can't find it once again...
>
> I wonder if the code to host the editing/review system is open source?
> - I'd like basically an empty framework
> for something like this.
>
> Any ideas what the authors used? - is their a kind of "author mode"
> where thet can change the text - or do they
> have to hack xml files (or something) in the background?
>
> /Joe

Ivan A. Uemlianin

                     ivan@REDACTED
                      www.llaisdy.com
                          llaisdy.wordpress.com
                      www.linkedin.com/in/ivanuemlianin

     "Froh, froh! Wie seine Sonnen, seine Sonnen fliegen"
                      (Schiller, Beethoven)