[erlang-questions] cookbook entry #1 - unicode/UTF-8 strings

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Thu Oct 20 09:30:26 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Tristan Sloughter
<tristan.sloughter@REDACTED> wrote:
> Do you have a process for getting comments and reviews as the book is
> written, besides emails like this?

Not yet -

> I really thought the way the Real World Haskell authors did their's was
> amazing: http://book.realworldhaskell.org/read/
> You can comment on, and see all comments for each section in a chapter and
> get an RSS feed of changes for chapters.

I just looked it's really nice - any idea what the underlying representation is?

It seems like each top level entity (paragraph) etc is tagged with a
"comment point"
which I guess is just an entry into a database.

> I could have sworn I found a repo that they host the entire site's code for
> all that but I can't find it once again...

I wonder if the code to host the editing/review system is open source?
- I'd like basically an empty framework
for something like this.

Any ideas what the authors used? - is their a kind of "author mode"
where thet can change the text - or do they
have to hack xml files (or something) in the background?

/Joe