[erlang-questions] New NIF behavior in R15???

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Sat Oct 15 13:59:11 CEST 2011

On Oct 15, 2011, at 12:27 PM, Tim Watson wrote:

> I was under the impression that linked-in drivers are the way to go if you want to avoid blocking the emulator whilst potentially long running tasks execute.

What is preventing you from using a queue to talk to your NIF?

You can then spawn as many threads as you like in your C code to avoid blocking the emulator.

- for hire: mac osx device driver ninja, kernel extensions and usb drivers