[erlang-questions] Erlang on ARM9?

Guy Wiener wiener.guy@REDACTED
Mon Oct 3 12:25:54 CEST 2011

I've tried running the otp_build script with an xcomp configuration file,
but encountered the following problem: the configuration script tries to run
the file generated by the cross-compiler and fails, although the --host flag
is given.

In details:
I run "./otp_build configure
--xcomp-conf=xcomp/erl-xcomp-arm-linux-gnu.conf"
The bootstrap build system is configured properly.  When configuring the
cross host system, it uses the following command:

./configure --disable-dynamic-ssl-lib --build=arm-unknown-linux-gnu
--host=arm-unknown-linux-gnu
CC=/opt/Sourcery_G++_Lite/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc
CFLAGS=-mcpu=arm926ej-s
CXX=/opt/Sourcery_G++_Lite/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++
LD=/opt/Sourcery_G++_Lite/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld --disable-hipe
--cache-file=/dev/null

But then it causes the following error:

checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C
compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.

But the configuration command is given a proper --host option!

I attach the cross compilation configuration file.  Any advice is warmly
welcomed.

Thanks,
  Guy Wiener.