[erlang-questions] ei_connect fails sometimes with EIO

Andre Nathan andre@REDACTED
Fri Nov 25 19:43:23 CET 2011

Hello

I have a C node doing RPC on my Erlang cluster. From time to time I get
Input/Output errors from ei_connect.

I've found this thread which reports something similar, but apparently
no solution was found:

  http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2007-July/027711.html

Since EIO is a kind of "generic error" in erl_interface, I was wondering
if there is anything else I can do to try to find what's happening.

One thing that I thought could be the cause of the problem is that I'm
running the Erlang cluster with inet_dist_listen_min =
inet_dist_listen_max = 9100; while I've had no problems with the Erlang
cluster itself, I figured that maybe I was limiting its ability to
handle concurrent connections by using a single port. However, changing
inet_dist_listen_max to 9110 didn't solve the problem, so I guess it's
something else.

Does anyone have any idea about this?

Thanks,
Andre