[erlang-questions] RecordA serialization ... time ... deserialization to RecordB?

Max Bourinov bourinov@REDACTED
Sat Nov 12 10:22:39 CET 2011

Hello Erlangers!

So I made a dict as field of my state record and I do serialize it via
term_to_binary and it seems to work like a charm.

One thing which makes me thinking about implementing my own serializer or
dict like library - why dict data structure has many empty lists in it? Is
it for the case of fast growing?

Erlang R14B04 (erts-5.8.5) [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [rq:4]
[async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.8.5  (abort with ^G)
1> D = dict:new().
{dict,0,16,16,8,80,48,

Actually those empty lists doesn't hurt me much, but why? If nobody knows I
will check sources :-)

Best regards,
Max