[erlang-questions] mockgyver -- yet another mocking library

Klas Johansson klas.johansson@REDACTED
Mon Nov 7 21:56:27 CET 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Tim Watson <watson.timothy@REDACTED> wrote:
> If you want to mock OTP behaviours, then I'd suggest looking
> at https://github.com/noss/emock, which is really good for that.

For gen_server and the like, I always write a client API, i.e. write
functions within the module that implements the gen_server that call
gen_server:call/3 etc:

    inc_counter(Pid, Name) -> gen_server:call(Pid, {inc_counter,
Name}, ?TIMEOUT).

That way I can easily mock inc_counter/2 if I have to (or change the
implementation from a gen_server to something else for that matter).

Cheers,
Klas