[erlang-questions] Upgrading TCP connection to SSL

tom kelly ttom.kelly@REDACTED
Wed May 25 17:35:55 CEST 2011

Hello List,

I've been reading the SSL documentation on upgrading a TCP connection to use
SSL:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/ssl/using_ssl.html

I've got a situation where I've accepted a TCP connection which the
connector has initiated using SSL. It seems I can't at this point upgrade my
TCP connection to SSL using the standard SSL library?
If I understand the documentation correctly I need to be in control of both
ends of the connection to correctly execute this upgrade and in my
application I'll never be in control of the connecting side.

Does anyone know if this is correct or see something that I'm missing?
Anyone know any hack-arounds?

Thanks in advance.

//Tom.