[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP R14B03 has been released

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Wed May 25 16:41:44 CEST 2011

Reading "OTP-9214  epmd: include host address in local access check"

I recall that I submitted a patch last year that did something similar to this, but (if I understand right) seems more generic.

http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-patches/2010-May/001041.html
"Allow the erlang nodename host part to differ from the hostname"

It stalled because I didn't submit docs and test cases, which I didn't because there was never any feedback from anyone, nor any replies to my queries about how it might be tested and documented.

So here goes again: is my patch made redundant by this recent fix? Are they incompatible? Orthogonal? Would it still be interesting to complete the previous patch?

BR,
Ulf W

On 25 May 2011, at 16:06, Björn-Egil Dahlberg wrote:

> Erlang/OTP R14B03 has been released.
>
> This release is mainly a stabilization of the R14B03 release (but as usual there are some new functionality as well).
>
> You can find the README file for the release at
>
> http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R14B03.readme
…

Ulf Wiger, CTO, Erlang Solutions, Ltd.
http://erlang-solutions.com