[erlang-questions] DRY principle and the syntax inconsistency in fun vs. vanilla functions

Parnell Springmeyer ixmatus@REDACTED
Wed May 18 17:11:27 CEST 2011

You're being pedantic dude. I'm sure Joe Armstrong and the other
programmers that designed and work on Erlang are acutely aware of DRY,
PoLS, and a whole bunch of others.

Personally, I think it is a feature to state the function name when
defining another function clause.

    some_func(X, Y) ->
        %% Long bit of code
        ...;
    some_func(X, []) ->
        %% More code

Without it, scanning the source could get confusing.