[erlang-questions] 'reply-to' header in this mailing list

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Wed May 18 01:45:25 CEST 2011

On 18/05/2011, at 3:07 AM, Alexander Krasnukhin wrote:

> Yes, yes. I've got this. People from telecom will always rely on standards instead of people expectations. Good. Right. Understandable.

That sounds a bit sarcastic.
The thing is that the Erlang mailing list behaves *EXACTLY* the way I expect
a mailing list to work.
I expect "Reply All" to reply to everyone on the list.
I expect "Reply" to go just to the author.
I expect it to work the way mailing lists always used to work.

The standard in this case is not arbitrary, but part of a coherent
design to ensure a straightforward user experience.