[erlang-questions] api to retrieve module documentation (comparison to python shell)

Attila Rajmund Nohl attila.r.nohl@REDACTED
Mon May 16 16:33:47 CEST 2011

Hello!

I think that's where an IDE comes into play. Even in vim you can press
K on 'lists' and vim will show you the man page (not that it's that
really useful if you're looking for only one particular function...).
Of course, this can be improved, but I'm not sure this has to be done
in the Erlang shell.

2011/5/16, Travis Jensen <travis.jensen@REDACTED>:
> I agree docstrings are an amazingly valuable part of python.  I doubt you'll
> find access to them in Erlang, since the compile step removes them.
>
> I wonder how hard it would be to patch the shell to look for the source of a
> .beam and parse it's docs. It would be nice to have a more immediate method
> than my 15 tab browser window or "man".
[...]