[erlang-questions] beginner: How to make dialyzer display the place where "unknown functions" are called

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Thu May 12 15:00:35 CEST 2011

Bengt Kleberg wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> When running dialyzer I get a long list of unknown functions. Is there a
> way to persuade dialyzer to display which modules that call these
> unknown functions?

Nope.

What dialyzer is telling you is that perhaps its analysis may able to
find more discrepancies in your code base if you include (the modules
of) these functions either in the PLT or in the list of files/apps to
analyse. That these functions are unknown forces dialyzer to assume that
they can accept any argument and return any result. Thus, its analysis
may not be as strong as it can be.

> This would allow me to stop running xref.

Well, there is also 'grep' that can come in handy in a task as trivial
as that...

Kostis