[erlang-questions] Compiling erlang with static glibc for OTP releases

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Mon May 9 12:45:30 CEST 2011

I'm trying to migrate to OTP releases (using rebar) for erlyvideo.
Goal is to minify problems, build dependencies and package build farm.

I've compiled libcrypt in a static manner into erlang so, that there
will be no problems on different versions (debian squeeze and debian
sid use different versions),
but problems go on: different versions of libc.

I'm thinking about building erlang with all static dependencies so,
that packages from one build machine will be useable on all 64bit
linuxes.

Is it a good idea to link erlang VM with glibc static?