[erlang-questions 54] Re: HiPE or native....good results, but confused...

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Sun Mar 27 19:10:40 CEST 2011

Andrew Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 06:45:43PM -0400, Evans, Matthew wrote:
>> Thanks for the answer. It seems then that there is no negative to using them? Sure, for i/o bound operations you won't see any benefit; but I am assuming there will not be any loss either?
>>
> I've found that using HiPE triggers all kinds of insane behaviour or
> segfaults when I try to use it, so I've given up considering it a valid
> optimization approach.

You are of course free to do whatever you want, but wouldn't send a bug
report (and a test case for) these problems be a better approach than
sending just this mail to the mailing list?

Kostis