[erlang-questions] Erlang MySQL driver history

Henning Diedrich hd2010@REDACTED
Mon Mar 21 18:35:10 CET 2011

On 3/21/11 6:13 PM, Konstantin Sorokin wrote:
> So what is the most stable/mature/fast etc. MySQL driver for Erlang at
> the moment ? Emysql ?

Hi Konstantin,

Yes.

That question was the motivator, obviously and after some months of
doubt I guess the history illustrates why.

The caveat is: *stable* alone, I would not rule out the ejabberd version
as best choice there. It just must have had the biggest actual
production exposure. But in a more controlled back end environment
probably where certain races may never occur. And it's not like EmySQL
has known bugs (issue #7 is interesting but also potentially entirely
theoretical in nature).

Emysql: https://github.com/Eonblast/Emysql.
ejabberd: http://svn.process-one.net/ejabberd-modules/mysql/trunk/

Best,