[erlang-questions] VM ends with 'killed'

Mon Mar 14 13:08:38 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 11:19, Robert Raschke <rtrlists@REDACTED> wrote:

> This'll be on Linux, yes? I've seen this happen when Linux decides that any
> one of the processes just needs to die, in order for the system as a whole
> to continue.

In out of memory situations, the OOM-killer gets to work, grabs its
scythe and reaps a process on Linux. But more often today, I see user
limits set (ulimit -a in a shell) which limits how much memory you are
going to get. This is especially true on virtual machines with
contrained memory. It is usually just a "killed" message you end up
with in that case.

There probably still is a memory leak somewhere in the application.

--
J.