[erlang-questions] xmerl_xsd can't find schema

Matti Oinas <>
Wed Jun 29 13:22:55 CEST 2011

I'm trying to validate XML using XML schema but
xmer_xsd:process_schema can't find schema in any other folder than the
current pwd().

if I copy the user.xsd file into the folder returned by pwd() which
happens to be src and modify the path to point to that copy the
everything works just fine.

xmerl_scan can find the file in both folders

It seems to be a bug or then I'm missing some point.

I'm using erlang from arch(32 bit) linux repositories.

Erlang R14B (erts-5.8.1) [source] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:0]
[hipe] [kernel-poll:false]