[erlang-questions] Joe Armstrong's proposal for a test/benchmark implementation

Dmitrii Dimandt dmitrii@REDACTED
Fri Jun 17 16:34:16 CEST 2011

On Jun 17, 2011, at 3:30 PM, Cyryl Płotnicki-Chudyk wrote:

> 1up
>
> As competitors I would see Ruby on Rails , ASP.NET and some php stuff
> as these are among the most popular ones.
> The app might involve validating login via the webvervice/rest/json
> stuff and later, after the login, getting some data to display and to
> be edited from the postgres/mysql db
>
> The deployment cost should be measured somehow imho, e.g. how much
> time a admin needs to deploy new machine with each of the solutions.
> And I mean the whole time, installing all necessary frameworks/gems
> etc.

If we take Fred's words into account, then for each system we test we might need to make installation as easy and painless as possible so that ideally anyone could just download the code, deploy it and have a benchmark on their hands relevant to their hardware