[erlang-questions] A PropEr announcement

Daniel Luna daniel@REDACTED
Wed Jun 15 22:57:33 CEST 2011

On 15 June 2011 13:07, Kostis Sagonas <kostis@REDACTED> wrote:
>  // ... We also told them about the issue that the GPL is supposedly
>  //     unusable for Erlang programs due to the nature of Erlang.

(Hoping that I'm now properly subscribed so that this message actually
reaches the list)

The GNU GPL has an exception for "system libraries" and in version 3
that now explicitly includes the standard libraries of common
programming libraries. So Erlang should be fine with version 3.

The Quick Guide on gnu.org has a short section about that exception
here: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.html#less-source-to-distribute-new-system-libraries-exception

/Daniel