[erlang-questions] A PropEr announcement

OvermindDL1 overminddl1@REDACTED
Tue Jun 14 21:48:14 CEST 2011

Ditto, GPL is completely incompatible with the (non-fsf) open licenses of
things I use.  LGPL would work, but with the GPL I would never be able to
use PropEr.
On Jun 14, 2011 8:13 AM, "James Churchman" <jameschurchman@REDACTED> wrote:
> Could the lgpl not be chosen instead? Would this not allow the tests to be
distributed along as they don't ship a custom version of propEr as somebody
else states?
> Also is it really the case that the tests could not be distributed, or
more a case that it is totally fine to distribute the tests along as the
person receiving the tests downloads proper themselves? the code that is not
tests would still run fine.

> Also what was the original reasoning behind choosing the gpl in this case?

> Regards
>
> James
>

> also +1 to try to convince Kostis to release PropEr with a better license!
>
> On 14 Jun 2011, at 13:33, Eric Merritt wrote:
>
>> I talked with Kostis about this at the erlang factory. He said he is
going to provide the exception to the gpl for open source projects. I think
he just has not had time to do the actual work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Public_License#Compatibility_with_GPL),