[erlang-questions] Erlang project dependency management/build tools

Baishampayan Ghose b.ghose@REDACTED
Tue Jan 18 17:42:21 CET 2011

Eric,

> I am more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks for the help. As a matter of fact, I am right now on to the
11th Chapter of your wonderful book "Erlang/OTP in Action". I have
learnt a great deal about Erlang/OTP from your book and I am loving it
:)

Let me explain my requirements a bit more clearly.

I intend to create an OTP application which will have external
dependencies (eg. Webmachine). I would ideally want to download the
dependencies into a folder like deps/ inside my project root since
that helps me in distributing the application/release cleanly.

I would also like to keep on adding new dependencies in the near
future. Can Faxien help me with that? So far, I have found Faxien to
install libraries into a global location which is not something I
desire.

Rebar lets me do that at the moment but I would prefer to use Sinan
for building instead because I like the default project layout that
Sinan creates.

I don't mind using a combination of Rebar and Sinan for my projects
but at the moment it's not quite clear to me as to how I can achieve
that.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
BG